Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello, My name is Nicole. I have three wonderful children. I choose to live vegan about a year and a half ago, after watching slaughterhouse videos on the internet. It has been the best thing I could have ever done, for my health, my children's, as well as the animals. I have broadened my horizons with the foods I, otherwise would have never known about, or would have just written them off with out giving them a chance.

It has been a process of change and learning. I am always learning new things about the benefits of the vegan diet.

At first it was kind of hard, it was trying to figure out what the heck we were going to eat! Shopping was frustrating, checking every label, putting them back ~ugh, eggs, dairy! But it has definitely gotten much easier. Eating has never been so enjoyable for me as it is now! I feel really good about the foods my kids eat. I think that starting them off loving fruits and vegetables, will last forever.

In this blog I will post as often as possible. I will write about new things I learn, challenges I encounter, and my day to day goings on!

2 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How irratating is it to have to "validate" your healthy choices to fat unhealthy slobs that can't believe you could not be eating all mighty meat and deprive your "poor" children of their dead rotting carcasses to eat?!